Architects:Virginija Vilutytė, Diana Sabaliauskienė
The architect was asked to design ten individual dwelling houses under one roof. The L-shaped plot configuration and construction zone approved by the detailed plan were the reasons for the arrangement of the houses: two oblong housings facing each other at almost right angle were built in the plot. Underground floor with the garage for cars remains invisible to the passer-by.
Of course, it was not enough to overlay all buildings with one roof – it was necessary for the exterior to connect them. Grey monolithic volumes properly conceal the fact that not just two buildings stand here, but all ten houses. They are connected by the most significant architectural accent – graceful balconies as if bird wings (hence the name of the project “Winged Thoughts”), that embraces the housings throughout the whole length. For being wider than the balcony itself, the row of its roof balconies looks like leaning forwards.
According to V. Vilutyte, the integrity of the architectural object was sought by synthesizing straight-strict and oblique-dynamic lines. Thus “Winged Thoughts” were born.
- Project ID:33
- Architects:Virginija Vilutytė, Diana Sabaliauskienė
- Architects companies:„Senojo miesto architektai”
- Area:2125 kv. m.
- Constructors:Arūnas Čekanavičius
- Constructors companies:Blocked semi-detached dwelling houses “Winged Thoughts”
- Other companies:Blocked semi-detached dwelling houses “Winged Thoughts”
- Photographer:Diana Garbačauskienė ir Leonas Garbačauskas, www.garbacauskas.lt