Architects:Arunas Eduardas Paslaitis, Tadas Balčiūnas, Gediminas Paslaitis, Paulius Kijauskas, Arunas Paslaitis, Vytautas Biekša
A new Municipality of Vilnius City is elegant, unobjectionable, but with sufficiently strong input to the city’s urban skyline. Its 21-storey vertical at Konstitucijos Avenue as if to greet each arriving person; further the building “unfolds” into the lower parts, hereby forming one of the sides of Europa square. Its silhouette is easily recognizable due to diagonally splay peak. According to the authors, they consistently stood on in order the new building of Municipality should not become a modern interpretation of a historic Town Hall. Rather, it was built as a convenient administration building.
Its architectural language is dry, clearly articulated. The façade planes play in vertical lines of glass and finishing panels of frosted metal. The strong interface of the vertical and the horizontal is established not only by their strict forms, lines, but also by the colours – the pearl-grey façade decoration.
The main entrance is designed from the Europa square, another one – on the other side of a lobby. The night lighting of the building was also not forgotten – the luminescent lamps installed in niches of some of the windows plough the darkness by vertical lines.
- Project ID:142
- Architects:Arunas Eduardas Paslaitis, Tadas Balčiūnas, Gediminas Paslaitis, Paulius Kijauskas, Arunas Paslaitis, Vytautas Biekša
- Architects companies:„Jungtinės architektų dirbtuvės“
- Area:15060 kv. m.
- Constructors:Alfonsas Vaškevičius, Aleksandras Kirjanovas
- Constructors companies:Building of Vilnius City Municipality
- Other companies:Building of Vilnius City Municipality