Architects:Kęstutis Kisielius, Vytautas Augustinavicius
A settlement of leisure – residential houses “Vertamedžio laukymė” of manually jointed logs has been designed in unique landscape, close to Ilgio, Grutas and Ešerinis Lakes. Under the traditional model of rural Dzūkija, the structure of urban composition and household volume has been restored.
At first glance, the houses traditionally decorated with typical of dzūkai woodcarvings and decorative shutters are quite modernized, sufficiently large glass planes are inserted in exterior walls, with skylights of large volume on the roof. Such solution of architects opened possibilities of interior space planning, accentuated volume lines of each roof and leavened the silhouette of the whole settlement.
This interesting attempt to create a modern, comfortable and harmonious environment based on the time-tested tradition is characteristic of Dzūkijos region sort of traces the guidelines of contemporary rural architecture in a particular ethnographic region: there should not be random ethno-cultural imitation, creative efforts to unite our old traditions and construction progress as well as requirements for modern housing should be seen more.
- Project ID:190
- Architects:Kęstutis Kisielius, Vytautas Augustinavicius
- Architects companies:„Vilniaus architektūros studija“
- Area:720 kv. m.
- Constructors:Laimonas Stikleris, Tadas Rumbutis
- Constructors companies:Settlement of Residential Houses “Vertamedžio laukymė“
- Other companies:Settlement of Residential Houses “Vertamedžio laukymė“
- Photographer:Vytautas Augustinavičius