Architects:Kęstutis Kisielius, Vidmantas Kančiauskas, Kęstutis Pempė, Algimantas Pliučas, Vytautas Lukoševičius, Goda Gečaitė, Martynas Nagelė
Druskininkai is one of the main resorts in Lithuania therefore it is natural that water and recreation entertainment is being developed there. The old water treatment buildings (the authors – R. and A. Silinskas), which had not been used for more than five years with a threat of becoming an urban waste-ground in the very town centre were perfectly fit for that purpose.
As stated by K. Kisielius the architectural idea encompassed the harmony of new function, architecture, technology and valuable architectural heritage.
The original complex includes three building parts of a heel-plate shape – “A“, “B“ and “C“, connected by the lobby “D”; the water-tower “E” and power building “F”. At present 1500 guests can entertain themselves in the complex at the same time, there are 7 swimming-pools, 6 water hills, 21 saunas, etc., and the water covered area reaches 2 000 sq. m..
Druskininkai water entertainment park characterizes with luxury and architectural taste. Although the complex is constructed by the Nemunas River, almost in the old town of Druskininkai, it falls within the architectural context. The interesting object of resort architecture of the Soviet era was retained to the extent it was possible. The success of the architects’ collective was also recognized by the colleagues – they were awarded the prize for the best recreational architecture object in 2006.
- Project ID:121
- Architects:Kęstutis Kisielius, Vidmantas Kančiauskas, Kęstutis Pempė, Algimantas Pliučas, Vytautas Lukoševičius, Goda Gečaitė, Martynas Nagelė
- Architects companies:„Vilniaus architektūros studija“
- Area:17000 kv. m.
- Constructors:Alfonsas Vaškevičius, Gintaras Matkevičius, Laimonas Stikleris
- Constructors companies:Water entertainment park and sauna complex in Druskininkai
- Other companies:Water entertainment park and sauna complex in Druskininkai