Architects:Gintautas Natkevičius, Erikas Spūdys
Both laconic and impressive square for pilgrims is implemented in the location, most vastly visited by pilgrims – the centre of Šiluva. The architects succeeded in controlling the space, creating both solemn and modest impression and tuning openness and coziness.
The centre was planned to be constructed during the rearrangement of the sacral square of Šiluva. The plans provided for construction of the Pilgrims Centre, also housing the Šiluva museum near the square.
The new information centre was erected between the basilica and the chapel. The centre is a one-storey building with a basement, formed of two structures of the same height and irregular shapes, connected by two glass galleries.
- Project ID:147
- Architects:Gintautas Natkevičius, Erikas Spūdys
- Architects companies:G. Natkevičius ir partneriai
- Area:798 kv. m.
- Constructors:A. Malinauskas
- Constructors companies:„Konstruktorių cechas”
- Other companies:Šiluva Piligrims Information Centre
- Photographer:G. Česonio nuotr.