Administrative building and an apartment building
Architects:Artūras Asauskas, Vidmantas Kančiauskas
Ukmerge Street, where the new complex “Humblebee” is built, is one of the main entrances to Vilnius city connecting the capital cities of Lithuania and Latvia. This building is designed as commercial, administrative, as well as residential complex which structurally forms a single urban element.
The building with office and commercial premises housed near the busy Ukmerge Street becomes a sound and sight cover for the ten-story apartment building standing vertically to the street. Both housings are lifted on the multi-story underground parking lot and ground-floor with commercial premises as if on a stylobate.
When designing the object, the authors of the project used… a humblebee: “We wanted to find parallels with the nest of humblebees – a place where it is wonderful to live and work, where strong community ties are formed.” Hence the name of the complex – “Humblebee”. Each of the building lives an independent life responding to the sounds of nearby highway street with its hum.
- Project ID:60
- Architects:Artūras Asauskas, Vidmantas Kančiauskas
- Architects companies:„Vilniaus architektūros studija“
- Area:7400 kv. m.
- Constructors:Borisas Feofanovas
- Constructors companies:„Miestprojektas”
- Other companies:Administrative building and an apartment building
- Photographer:Vidmantas Kančiauskas