Architects:Algimantas Pliučas, Daiva Pauliukonienė, Egidijus Marcikonis, Martynas Nagelė
The building NIDA of commercial premises, apartments and flats arose in the capital at the River Neris. Its volume composition is simple: the complex consists of three blocks of different height connected by a “stylobate” – a parking place and a courtyard. Different finish of façades helps identifying the individual volumes.
When creating these unsophisticated architectural forms of the complex, the authors were most concerned about the needs of prospective residents of the apartment house. So, the convenient planning of flats and commercial premises is not the only one advantage of the complex NIDA. The inner green courtyard framed from all sides by the blocs covering it against winds and eyes of passers-by also adds charm to the complex standing in this quite intensely built-up part of Vilnius City.
The fact that all three blocks are polarized towards the Old Town of Vilnius City can be named as an advantage of the complex as well.
The buildings flickering in greyish and dark-brownish tones and different rhythms of window lines visually dissolve between the surrounding buildings and greenery of trees, and they sound in echo among the redness of roofs and greyness of masonry of the Old Town.
- Project ID:188
- Architects:Algimantas Pliučas, Daiva Pauliukonienė, Egidijus Marcikonis, Martynas Nagelė
- Architects companies:„Vilniaus architektūros studija“
- Area:virš 10000 kv. m
- Constructors:Laimonas Stikleris, Alfonsas Vaškevičius
- Constructors companies:Complex NIDA of Commercial Buildings and Residential Apartment Houses
- Other companies:Complex NIDA of Commercial Buildings and Residential Apartment Houses