Architects:Algimantas Pliučas, Emilis Petkevičius, Daiva Pauliukonienė, Eglė Kirdulienė, Eglė Valevičiūtė
Science Technology Park is a progressive institution, a place where science and technologies are combined and innovations are born. The architecture must correspond too – an appropriate environment to create innovations and represent them to the outside world.
When designing the Science Technology Park in Sauletekis, Vilnius, the authors of the project did not choose futuristic visions, instead a form implying accuracy. Looking at the building, the eye catches a strict straight line graphics, openly exposed construction of the building as if protecting the fragile glass volume.
According to architects, this park is an urban structure, involving the surroundings as the main participant of the complex: “Science and nature relationship is very important here, it is the main theme of the project.” They were able to establish a connection between the human and the structures created by nature because of glass walls, furthermore, by lifting part of the house on columns, thus creating a roof above the main entrance, and leaving a third of rooms of a typical floor on the ground floor.
Visual and physical “hanging in the air” of the building as if symbolizes a challenge to new construction ideas and the progress of technologies.
- Project ID:49
- Architects:Algimantas Pliučas, Emilis Petkevičius, Daiva Pauliukonienė, Eglė Kirdulienė, Eglė Valevičiūtė
- Architects companies:„Vilniaus architektūros studija“
- Area:10 000 kv. m.
- Constructors:Laimonas Stikleris, Tadas Rumbutis
- Constructors companies:Science Technology Park
- Other companies:Science Technology Park
- Photographer:UAB "Vilniaus architektūros studija" (www.vas.lt)