Architects:Sigitas Kuncevičius, Artūras Jakutis
The structure changing and twisting according to the movement trajectory is of heterogeneous and complex form: static foundation volumes are intertwined with curvy, spiral, oblique elements swinging up the displacement of dynamic sights. The name of the port present in the title of one of the company – “Klaipėdos baldai“ – built here dictated the romantic and timeless topic of marine style. External shape of the building and some of the elements express associations with ships and other sea motifs by means of codes.
One of the most interesting and innovative external components is a symbolic pool at the entrance, providing the ability of reflection to the structure. The sea story started outside is logically extended by frameless glass “wave” along the shopping mall in the basement and floor drawing of curved shapes on other floors. Ceiling space left through the axis of the building visually lifts the space and lets in natural light from above.
Although the object is fair, but abundance of details, variety of architectural solutions leave no room for monotony.
- Project ID:212
- Architects:Sigitas Kuncevičius, Artūras Jakutis
- Architects companies:„A.S.A., S. Kuncevičiaus projektavimo firma“
- Area:6000 kv. m
- Constructors:Vytautas Pilvelis, Vaidas Guogis, Arturas Motiejunas
- Constructors companies:Furniture and interior design centre “SBA baldai”
- Other companies:Furniture and interior design centre “SBA baldai”
- Photographer:Sigitas Kuncevičius