Architects:Saulius Stripinis, Stanislovas Luksas, Gintautas Datkunas, Ingrida Mendelson
The author of Klaipeda home engineering centre building idea, a well known architect Saulius Stripinis, developed one of his last projects in record short time. After the architect’s death, the work was continued by his colleagues “Uostamiesčio projekto” architects S. Lukšas, G. Datkūnas and I. Mendelson.
The building is designed at the beginning of one of the busiest streets in Klaipeda; the main facade is oriented so that it would be perceived in both directions of the street. On quite incoherent territory the volume is neatly incorporated “after having caught” the directions of the streets forming the block. Volumetric composition is elastic and dynamic. Double volume with glazed main facade appears to look like a huge screen in the layout of Minija street and may be perceived while moving from the beginning of the street. The elongated upper part of the top floor is turned at acute angle thus moving the “screen” to the opposite side, “accentuating the movement and changing the perception point of the main facade.
- Project ID:168
- Architects:Saulius Stripinis, Stanislovas Luksas, Gintautas Datkunas, Ingrida Mendelson
- Architects companies:„Uostamiesčio projektas”
- Area:2615 kv. m
- Constructors:Valerijus Kupė
- Constructors companies:Home Engineering Centre
- Other companies:interior „Klaipėdos dizaino centras“, „Klaipėdos miestprojektas“
- Photographer:Gintautas Datkūnas