Architects:Gražina Janulytė-Bernotienė, Guoda Zykuvienė, Loreta Bulakienė
The building has a unique location in the space hierarchy of Marijampole. It is both an important architectural dominant and the cultural centre of the area, which was started to design in 1988. The object’s activities are universal, emphasizing the significance of the 800 seats hall for the city’s events. It is like an under-roof city square, in which city cleaning, cultural, business, educational and entertainment events are organized for the residents.
The concept of the building is the multilinguism of a multifunctional complex building, which is one of the dominants in the central part of town.
The structure of the cultural centre consists of the main zones of activity: the entertainment and exhibition hall, the Municipality Council hall and educational and leisure rooms. The said zones are connected by a spacious lobby with cloakrooms, which allows for universal use of the zones connections.
The exterior and interior architecture of the building goes from the post-modern to the modern style.
- Project ID:93
- Architects:Gražina Janulytė-Bernotienė, Guoda Zykuvienė, Loreta Bulakienė
- Architects companies:G.Janulytės- Bernotienės studija
- Area:9500 kv. m.
- Constructors:V. Tumėnas, Audrius Ražaitis, S. Česnavičius
- Constructors companies:Marijampole Cultural Centre
- Other companies:Marijampole Cultural Centre