Architects:Algis Šironas, Zita Mankienė
The plot of Panevėžys Fire and Rescue Service 2nd team building occupies an important place in the city: the building is located at the intersection of main streets, adjoining the central town square. So the architects had responsible task: not only to reconstruct the building of fire station, but also to solve a major issue of the town related to urbanism: to complete the formation of Vilnius and Ramygalos street crossroad development.
The existing two-storey building increased up to three floors during the reconstruction, and has been extended to the newly designed three-storey block. The new extension aligns the northern perimeter of the building development.
The volumetric composition of the building is clear, ingeniously split by planes, using different materials. New block is “struck” into the existing slope, thereby linking it more closely with the environment jointly levelling great height of garages with blind wall.
Main entrance is emphasized through suspended red volume of upper floors, daintily resembling the purpose of the building. In the interior of the volume, it outgrows into a deeper symbolism of the old and the new – the cognitive exposure of the history of fire fighting.
- Project ID:247
- Architects:Algis Šironas, Zita Mankienė
- Architects companies:UAB “Panevėžio miestoprojektas”
- Area:2348,87 kv. m.
- Constructors:Sofija Jučytė, Jurigta Misevičienė
- Constructors companies:Reconstruction of Panevėžys Fire and Rescue Service 2nd Team Building
- Other companies:Reconstruction of Panevėžys Fire and Rescue Service 2nd Team Building
- Customer:Panevėžio priešgaisrinė gelbėjimo tarnyba
- Photographer:Julius Vaupšas