Architects:Eugenijus Miliūnas, Gintaras Balčytis, Algimantas Černiauskas, Linas Tuleikis, Vytautas Čalka, Aurimas Ramanauskas, Kęstutis Ščevinskas, Julius Baronas, Kęstutis Vaikšnoras
The Arena is built in the middle of Siauliai City, in Jablonskis Street. At a first glance to the building, its massiveness is stunning: five floors, the diameter of 100 meters, the rounded shape of about 19 meters in height. The latter is highlighted by a glass façade: on the ground floor, it is clear, on others – holographic. The shades of façade change depending on the time of a day: the warm shades further increase the object, the cold ones make it smaller, the lighter shades sharpen its form, the darker ones – level it, and, when the sun is shining, the same building alludes a bright, playful rainbow.
The multifunctional complex is fitted for various massive sports events and artistic performances: theatre, educational activity, exhibitions, fairs, concerts. The object contains a conference hall with places for about 200 people. It accommodates sports schools, clubs, health and beauty centres, fitness halls, children’s playroom, sports museum, cafés and bars. It was sought to minimize the use of colours for the interior in order the interior would be a contrast.
Due to its neat form and technically sophisticated façade, Siauliai Arena was appreciated perfectly both by visitors and professionals: in 2007, it won an award of the Ministry of the Environment for the best architectural object.
- Project ID:40
- Architects:Eugenijus Miliūnas, Gintaras Balčytis, Algimantas Černiauskas, Linas Tuleikis, Vytautas Čalka, Aurimas Ramanauskas, Kęstutis Ščevinskas, Julius Baronas, Kęstutis Vaikšnoras
- Architects companies:E. Miliūno studija, “Dviejų grupė“, „Ribinis būvis“, A.Černiausko architektūros studija „A&U”
- Area:19564 kv. m.
- Constructors:Audrius Ražaitis
- Constructors companies:Siauliai Arena
- Other companies:Siauliai Arena