Architects:Tauras Paulauskas, Saulius Pamerneckis, Tumas Mazūras, Vytenis Ūsas, Dainius Čepurna
One of the most sensitive urban areas of Vilnius city – Zverynas – has determined that before the construction of the Company’s Achema office in this place, an architectural competition for designing of the administrative building would be held. It was won by a team, which suggested an idea, the main priority of which was to intervene respectfully to the current context, but at the same – to create a solid image of the building duly representing one of the largest companies in Lithuania.
In pursuance that the large volume would not become a glaring foreign body in the mosaic of small houses and green small plots, it was divided into several segments, façades of which were finished in different materials.
A three-storied glass-cube designed at the intersection of streets became a symbol of the office and its “portal”. Its translucence served for development of the image of the hospitable, open organisation, and the mirror glasses reflecting the adjacent buildings, trees and sky masked the bulky dimensions of the building.
- Project ID:37
- Architects:Tauras Paulauskas, Saulius Pamerneckis, Tumas Mazūras, Vytenis Ūsas, Dainius Čepurna
- Architects companies:„Jungtinės architektų dirbtuvės“
- Area:5685 kv. m.
- Constructors:Vytautas Pabrėža
- Constructors companies:Company’s Achema Office in Vilnius
- Other companies:Company’s Achema Office in Vilnius