Architects:Algirdas Kauspedas, Vilija Kauspediene, Gintare Gaudiesiute, Andrius Juodpusis, Justas Ingelevicius
“Eglių terasos” are blocks of flats of bright colours raised in Antakalnis, in newly formed “Antakalnio Terraces” quarter, instead of the former territory of the Lithuanian Film Studios that used to be there.
A small quarter “Eglių terasos” is formed by two buildings standing in the background of elongated rectangular plan in parallel, where an open connection – the yard – is inserted between them, helping the residents of the complex to feel being a community. Solidity of the building is proportionally divided into eight colour- separated small volumes, falling away along the relief. These “small houses” frame four snug terraces in the courtyard.
Five different materials have been used for the decoration of houses sort of symbolizing the five elements of natural harmony: fire, earth, water, metal and wood. According to the authors, clearly different house should create a sense of individuality to its residents; a small quarter becomes the composition uniting different architectural identities of houses, creating a playful community street with a cosy patio.
- Project ID:169
- Architects:Algirdas Kauspedas, Vilija Kauspediene, Gintare Gaudiesiute, Andrius Juodpusis, Justas Ingelevicius
- Architects companies:„JP architektūra”
- Area:11670 kv. m
- Constructors:Dmitrijus Bulybenko, Timur Menkov, Edgaras Timinskas
- Constructors companies:D. Bulybenko individual designing company
- Other companies:Residential Houses “Eglių terasos”
- Photographer:Leonas Garbačauskas, www.garbacauskas.lt; UAB „MG Valda"