ABP German Invest rented offices
Architects:Vaidotas Kuliešius, Gintautas Natkevičius
Although completed in 2001, this building of rented offices in Kaunas was one of the first buildings of this purpose in Lithuania during the independence period. Its design started back in 1992.
The architects aimed to express the national spirit of that time (beginning of Lithuanian independence) by combining Lithuanian history with strong belief in freedom. In practice, this meant that V. Kuliešius and G. Natkevičius attempted to take into account the urban context (especially the unique and rich modernist inter-war architecture of Kaunas). “The architecture of the building was inspired by Pieno Centras, Romuva, and other nearby buildings on A. Mickevičius St., Kaunas”, according to V. Kuliešius.
Situated between three and four-storey inter-war buildings, the new building, being only five storeys high, does not stand out from the overall skyline of the buildings. That is thanks to a mansard floor “tucked in” behind the parapet. On the other hand, the authors also wanted to introduce modern architecture, thereby incorporating elements of deconstructivist architecture.
For this building, its architects won the Award for the Best Project and Implementation of the Year in Kaunas Region.
- Project ID:195
- Architects:Vaidotas Kuliešius, Gintautas Natkevičius
- Architects companies:„Pastatų statyba“
- Area:1400 kv. m
- Constructors:Algimantas Udrenas, Juozas Didzbalis, Algimantas Reventas, Algis Sakalauskas
- Constructors companies:ABP German Invest rented offices
- Other companies:ABP German Invest rented offices
- Photographer:Vaidotas Kuliešius, Rymantas Penkauskas