Architects:Miroslaw Szejnicki, Gintaras Čaikauskas
With the rapid expansion of constructions from the centre of Vilnius City to its outskirts, there also has been taken a look at the territory between two sleeping neighbourhoods – Viršuliškės and Karoliniškės – that has been not developed yet with some public buildings of the monumental Soviet architecture. Currently, the second “architectural hill” (after the first one on the right bank of the river Neris) is further modelled at the intersection of Laisvės and Pilaitės prospects. This was the determinant reason that promoted construction of multi-storey residential houses next to the skyscraper public buildings. The complex of residential houses “A Couple of Viršuliškės” consists of two vertical volumes. Twenty-two-storey twins are clearly visible from the perspectives of distant streets and neighbourhoods, as if calling other “high-risers” to settle nearby soon. The spatial composition of the building is definite, smoothly related to the urban axis – the alley of Viršuliškės. Interestingly, the appearance of the buildings also reflects the sound of the adjacent neighbourhoods: in the pictorial autumn-coloured façades, one may envisage the colour combination characteristic of the Viršuliškės (white-grey) and Karoliniškės (blue-, yellow-red).
I. Garnytė- Sapranavičienė
- Project ID:75
- Architects:Miroslaw Szejnicki, Gintaras Čaikauskas
- Architects companies:“Viltekta”, „Architektūros linija”
- Area:24956 kv. m.
- Constructors:Olegas Dobrovolskis
- Constructors companies:Complex of Residential Apartment House “A Couple of Viršuliškės”
- Other companies:Complex of Residential Apartment House “A Couple of Viršuliškės”
- Photographer:Raimondas Urbanavičius