Architects:Algimantas Pliučas, Karolis Radiūnas, Hanna Malik-Trocha
An exclusive site in Vilnius located in a prominent place, yet sensitive to architectural intervention would compile toiling away not one designer. The site is confined by two extremely different urban fabrics from both sides. In the western part – Žirmūnų street at the back of which gray coloured five-storey Soviet-era apartment district stretches out, on the eastern side the site burrows to the cycling path along the Neris riverside. Therefore, it is natural that designers who tried harmonizing these differences have divided the site into two zones: one – alongside the street for car parking, the other which is adjacent to the river was intended for recreation.
The designer of the company “Vilniaus architektūros studija” (Eng. Vilnius architecture studio) has upheld the look of the apartment houses by a reserved, in Lithuania often referred as “Scandinavian” style. Three four-storied volumes of a different silhouette are facing Žirmūnų street with their main facades. By closed compositions of these facades it is as if being achieved to distance from the hustle of the busy street. In sidelong and courtyard facades the volumes become lightweight and tracery-like. Glass-framed balconies and terraces set on ground and first floors as though seek to absorb all perpetually changing landscapes.
The apartment houses of the different silhouettes are unified by facade solutions featured by low-key colour and material. As a final highlight in the composition of volumes is a laconic concrete and glass fence. At the same time it is an aesthetic isolation from the street noise.
I. Granytė- Sapranavičienė
- Project ID:242
- Architects:Algimantas Pliučas, Karolis Radiūnas, Hanna Malik-Trocha
- Architects companies:„Vilniaus architektūros studija“
- Area:3209,26 kv. m.
- Constructors:Alfonsas Vaškevičius, Laimonas Stikleris, Raimondas Druskinis, Neringa Daudaitė, Modesta Voverytė, Andrius Gudelis
- Constructors companies:Multi-residential houses at Žirmūnų street 1K, 1L, 1M, in Vilnius
- Other companies:Multi-residential houses at Žirmūnų street 1K, 1L, 1M, in Vilnius
- Customer:UAB „YIT Kausta būstas“
- Photographer:Eugenija Dedok